Check out Rachel Cohn's vlog series, "Technology Detox with Rachel Cohn" for two reasons.
She provides some helpful ways to turn it all off, but more importantly for my audience her videos are a great model on what to do right when video vlogging.
- Her camera is looking somewhat down at her (always more flattering).
- She's not against a wall.
- There are some nice touches here...
- the turning on and off/adjusting the camera
- the b-roll
- the TV static transitions
- the titles that have some zippy music on it
- Best of all is Rachel's tone. She's talking to us like a friend.