Video on the web can do that.
- It's goofy. Sweet goofy. As Matt writes, the message is "to have fun."
- There's a slight tension. Where the hell is he going to go next... that keeps you watching.
- Stride doesn't shout from the trees that's this is being sponsored by them. According to Matt's website, Stride didn't force an agenda. Stride said, "We like what you're doing. We want to help you. We don't want to mess with you."
- It's not a one-shot video idea. A second video was produced over the course of a year and debuted this year. It's been seen by 13 million people. You've got to believe Stride and Matt are dreaming up #3.
- The video has created must see real estate on the Stride website. I'm sure most folks first saw this video on YouTube, but if some of those viewers were curious about the story (like I was) they went to Stridegum.com to find out more.